Sunday, August 06, 2006

FLIP RETURNS: OSA IN COLUMBUS--THE SHORT VERSION

As reported earlier by me, Operation Save America's Flip Benham blew into town this weekend. Saturday morning (Aug. 5) I caught up with him and the gang, which included Minutemen United founder Coach Dave Daubenmire, New Beginnings Church pastor Bill Dunfee, a lot of regulars and some new faces, at Founders Clinic on E. Broad Street. Friday they paid a visit to CapCare's new clinic on Indianola where reportedly the gang moved illegally on to the parking lot. Flip and a couple others who were at the action told me "a baby was saved."

During our street interview Flip and I discussed various topics including OSA's Jackson, Mississippi event, anarchists, and Jean-Paul Sartre. I'll be writing about our interview after I transcribe the tape. Not surprisingly, I suffered a tape recorder malfunction (is their a law about that?) all the more frustrating since I had a digital recorder AND a standard backup recorder, both of which flaked.

In the meantime, I'm posting a couple picures here. (Pastor Bill Dunfee, right) Note: the sun was hot and high affecting the qualily of he pictures.

More to follow soon....as well as a group of reports on the World Can't Wait blitz through Columbus last week.

No comments: