Wednesday, May 17, 2006

OHIO VOTES FOR LIFE TRANSCRIPT: JANE GRIMM


JANE GRIMM, PRESIDENT, OHIO RIGHT TO LIFE

OHIO VOTES FOR LIFE RALLY
OHIO RIGHT TO LIFE
Bicentennial Park, Columbus, Ohio
September 25, 2004


(speech in progress)


“… those who are throwing all these other issues at us above the issue of life, that without life no other issue matters. They’re meaningless. We have to have a return in this country to respect for human life, and this election is…is a vital one.

I would like to close by reading some comments that were sent to us by someone I’m sure you’re all familiar with. It says:

Dear Friends of the Unborn:

It is a pleasure for me to share my greetings with you today. I should gather once again as part of the greatest movement of all time: the pro-life movement. In particular, I want to encourage you to focus with greater energy than ever on the task of electing to public office those who will advance the protection of the unborn. In these last weeks before the election we need to direct our energies to voter turn-out. While we always try to persuade those who disagree with us, in these weeks it is necessary to focus on mobilizing those who do agree with us and making sure they vote.

Thank you for all you are doing in this regard, and please know that Priests for Life stands ready to assist you in every way

With prayers and best regards
Fr. Frank….Fr. Frank Pavone
National Director, Priests for Life


(applause)

I think his words are right on target. It is up to us, those who still realize the horror, injustice, the barbarism…. that goes on every single day in this country…. gruesome, brutal, vicious…. to… to connect to those would-be voters and get them to the polls.

Before I leave I want to ask you to show your gratitude and appreciation as I will to the terrific staff who prepared all this today and has this wonderful ability for us to meet and greet each other. So if you will join me in giving our thanks to Judy Gregory and all the staff of Ohio Right to Life.

(applause)

Thank you.

PHIL HEIMLICH:
Jane, those are powerful and sobering words.

No comments: