Tuesday, July 11, 2006

REFORMATION OHIO LAUNCH, OCTOBER 14, 2005: DAN STEMAN

REFORMATION OHIO LAUNCH
OHIO STATEHOUSE
OCTOBER 14, 2005
DAN STEMAN, OPERATIONS, REFORMATION OHIO
unofficial transcript

ROD PARSLEY:
I’m pleased to introduce to you the director of Reformation Ohio, Mr. Dan Steman. Dan will be overseeing the daily operations of Reformation Ohio and networking with hundreds of pastors, churches, and not-for-profit ministries in order to coordinate acts of compassion throughout Ohio. Dan will manage the regional offices of Reformation Ohio in Cleveland, Cincinnati—and Columbus. We can’t leave out Columbus! Tell Dan you appreciate his ministry of reformation. (applause)

DAN STEMAN:
Good morning!

RESPONSE:
Good morning!

DAN STEMAN:
60 seconds isn’t quite enough time for me to say everything that I have to say, but let me say this. I’m not here this morning because I hafta be here. I’m here because I wanna be here. (applause)

I’m leaving a very successful career in business to take on this opportunity. I’m honored and grateful to accept the position of Executive Director. I want all of you to know I accepted the position because I firmly in my heart believe in the objectives of the organization. And as we saw with Hurricane Katrina as well as Rita, the government cannot do what the local church body (that’s right!) the Body of Christ (applause) can do. (applause)

So that means that I look forward to working with all the many private organizations throughout the state and ultimately the nation and to extend our message of hope and compassion with maintaining a certain level of dignity as we serve those less fortunate.

God bless every one of you and I’m ready to get to work!

(applause)

No comments: